Monday, August 1, 2011

Skyliner Virtual Message Writer animation part 2

After completing the basic unit, then I had to add the LED's - they were originally created separately and then added to the unit using form-Z to construct both the unit and the LED's and then Electric Image to render the animation, and then After Effects to composite the two pieces.

I originally tried to do it all in Electric image but found it easier to composite in after effects.






I was actually excited, delighted, to be able to post my animation of the original Skyliner Virtual Message Writer novelty item when it first came out. However, it didn't take long before the "knock-off" unit appeared and what truly blew my mind was seeing my animation used to demonstrate and sell the knock-off unit.


They say that copying is the sincerest form of flattery. No, it's simply stealing your work. I was taken aback when I saw my animation being used at various sights around the world, without my permission. I even tried to contact a few of the folks using it. Surprise, surprise … they ignored me!

Anyway, it's nice to be an internationally ripped off 3D guy.

Next - the new Skyliner images and animation process.


No comments:

Post a Comment