Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Leds

Like most American men I shop and am amazed at persistence of vision technology but I never really appreciated what I recently observed. The other day a friend demonstrated a hand-held device that he almost imperceptibly twirled with a twist of his wrist. Emanating from several, vertical led's were a variety of messages. I responded in amazement, "Wow!" Later in the day I began to contemplate the "Magic" of what I had seen. "How the hell do words come out of lights?"

Skyliner Virtual Message Writer Novelty Gift Item
You might find it interesting to google, Persistence of Vision. It not only blew me away but influenced my purchase of the Skyliner since I thought I could interest my son and daughter into thinking beyond just "seeing something" and "la-di-da" off into space without contemplating the science!

No comments:

Post a Comment