Friday, July 15, 2011

Marina

I was heading out with friend from the Marina del Rey for a night sail. It was just dusk when I stumbled from the dock and dropped my Skyliner. It went kaplunk into the water. It was on when I tripped because I was planning to climb aboard the 39' Catalina with an energy of excitement and a message that read, "Stern to Stern!" No one had ever seen a Skyliner so I was determined to retrieve it as I could see where it had fallen as the leds were still flashing!

Skyliner Virtual Message Writer Mast Concept

My friend Joe, who was the designated Captain, donned his diving gear and retrieved the virtual message writer. It still worked, dried quickly, and I felt we had a backup emergency device which also could spell HELP in case we ran out of wind and fuel.

Grace Stern

No comments:

Post a Comment