Monday, November 28, 2011

The Skyliner, I know I know - WHEN?

Versatile Visions has received quite a few emails from old customers and new potential clients, an email came in recently from someone who purchased at Walt DisneyWorld in 1999, (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S BEEN THAT LONG?), wondering when the NEW Skyliner will be available for purchase. At this moment we are looking into ways of reducing our overall manufacturing costs without effecting the Skyliner design, quality or functionality. We are attempting to eliminate the blister packaging and metallic art card. We do love the art card designed by Razor Creative's Rich Gould, it's magnificent and has served us well. However, currently we need to get more units into a case and reduce the case-pack weight and dimensions. The "protective" cardboard required to line the units up almost doubles the case weight.

Skyliner in Razor Creative designed Blister

We haven't raised our Skyliner prices in over 12 years. The suggested retail has been US $20.00 for the unit + shipping and handling. The next batch of Skyliners will cost a bit more to manufacture as the cost of raw materials and labor has gone up, however, our goal is to keep the single and wholesale unit cost down as low as possible. A lot of people say this, we try to implement what we say.

One of our biggest hurdles is shipping and handling. The cost to ship Skyliners in their current packaging has gone up three fold. We prefer to ship US Postal priority within the US because it allows us to track the package, print the labels on our computer and supports the US postal service.

Well, there you have it, we're sorry for the delay, but by spending time planning for the future we will be able to provide the Skyliner Virtual Message Writer at a decent cost.

Hal

p.s. an exciting NEW product is coming from Versatile Visions very soon!!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. I have an original skyliner. 2 taps of 2 does not seem to save my entered message. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still need help with this or did you give up? I can help you if needed.

      Delete
  2. New one available? Need distributors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance I could have some instructions for how to program the original version? I bought one from a garage sale and can't figure out how to work it properly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still need help with this or did you give up? I can help you if needed.

      Delete
  4. first off programming the Skyliner original is simple. Hold the middle button down till the lights go out and back on. This creates a blank space for you to make a sign in your own words. Depress the outer buttons to go through the alphabet and numbers and stop at the desired character a press the center button once to move to the next letter. It always starts at A. Press the center button twice for a space between words. When finished it will display your message indefinitely until you hold the center button down and change back to the default messages.
    After you have created

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried the instructions above and they did not work. So ibgot itbto say P1.... Then cannot program it at all. So if I want Cait. I push left button 3x and then middle to set, then left once and middlento set... And so on????? SO CONFUSED.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the above. I cannot figure this thing out. I believe I have the original. Got it in Disney World in 2001. Why is it so hard to get a manual. They should sell them and make some money at least.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on the above. I cannot figure this thing out. I believe I have the original. Got it in Disney World in 2001. Why is it so hard to get a manual. They should sell them and make some money at least.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried the instructions above and they did not work. So ibgot itbto say P1.... Then cannot program it at all. So if I want Cait. I push left button 3x and then middle to set, then left once and middlento set... And so on????? SO CONFUSED.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alguien ocupa el manual?? Yo lo tengo les podría proporcionar una copia. Solo mándenme su correo y con gusto se los comparto!!
    Saludos!!!! ��✌��

    ReplyDelete